Tuesday 9 September 2014

Fury From Hell Launches Today!


                            
Digital Inspirations: Tell us about yourself. 
I am a "normal" person who thinks about demons possessing cops and I think it's entertaining!  But seriously, my current book is my foray into genre fiction.  Previously, I wrote women's fiction.  My first book of short stories, Leaping Out On Faith, [http://www.amazon.com/Leaping-Out-Faith-Rochelle-Campbell-ebook/dp/B007RGBQNA/] is based firmly in reality and follows four women as they deal with challenging life situations. My writing seems to change as I grow and develop as a writer.  I've recently taken a literary fiction writing course and have been opening my reading to include these works in addition to the 'airport' paranormal thrillers I love. So, in a nutshell, I am a woman who likes to keep her options open so that new stories can come to me that may not be in my comfort zone but hey – so what!  It's a story that wants/needs to be told.
Digital Inspirations: What inspires you to write and why? 
I am inspired to write by 'What If" questions.  I am stepping through life and a quirky or unusual thing will happen.  Whatever the resulting actions, I may wonder What if this other thing had happened?  It gives me fodder to create a story based in reality but then stems off and can go in another direction.
I enjoy creating stories in this way because some of the ideas that come to me are not 'standard'.  I like being unpredictable.  I enjoy surprising people.  As a writer, I think that's important.

Digital Inspirations: what inspired you to write your latest novel, Fury From Hell?
That's an easy one.  I was walking in New York City and saw one of those neon orange work cones, the really tall ones.  And a misty smoke was emerging from the top along with a rushing steam escaping sound.  Nearby was some new concrete that was poured a few days before.  I wondered if there was a demon – a Fury – that was trying to escape being trapped in the concrete.  Why this scenario crossed my mind?  I've got no clue.  However, the question stuck with me and I played with several story scenarios before I developed this question into an outline that ultimately became Fury From Hell.

Digital Inspirations: Why writing?
This is an interesting question.  Truthfully, I don't know.  What I do know is when I stop writing for extended periods of time I tend to get very ill.  When I begin writing again, even if it is journaling, or a short story, I begin to recuperate.  While it seems it could be mind over matter, I don't think it is.  I think it's just the mechanism that my body came hardwired with to ensure that I write.  So, my good health is the driving force behind my writing! LOL.

Digital inspirations: Where can readers find you?
 And my Twitter handle is : @NoteBkBlogairy
Digital Inspirations: Where can readers purchase you new book, Fury From Hell?



Fury From Hell is a paranormal thriller about good vs. evil.  Here, the good is in the form of Detective Jennifer Holden, a homicide cop that is haunted by her own personal demons of a murder she committed when she was just a teenager.  The trauma she suffered at the hands of social agency after agency hardened Jennifer into a staunch atheist making her gun and her bank account the only things she truly believes in.
We meet Detective Holden, shortly before she begins working on her first solo murder case.  The victim is Kyma Barnes who was brutally raped and killed. As Kyma's soul leaves her body, a demon being called by a coven of dark witches at nearby Prospect Park, is drawn to the dying woman by her death throes.  Fury Abatu offers to avenge Kyma's death.  The price?  The dying woman's soul.  Kyma gives it gladly to ensure the man who killed her pays dearly.
At the crime scene, Jennifer becomes possessed by Fury Abatu.  Hosts usually die a violent death within weeks of the initial possession.  Detective Holden does not know she is possessed…
With her own demise on the line, Jennifer must fight for her life and her very soul – something she's not sure she even believes in – to rid herself of the dark force surrounding her and her friends.
Can Jennifer be saved from the demon?  Will she be able to find the faith to believe in something greater than herself and her material things?
Read this first installment of the From Hell series to find out!
*  *  *
Fury From Hell launches today!  Tuesday, September 9th, 2014!  It is available on all e-reader platforms, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and your favorite e-book distributors.

                                                                    

                                      

Rochelle Campbell
Author, Blogger & Short Story Artist
Twitter: @NotebkBlogairy
Leaping Out On Faith... ~ Great, quick read! ~ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RGBQNA

No comments:

Post a Comment